Sunday 24 March 2013

Friday's Fashion Obsessions: Rihanna and Beyonce


WE'RE OBSESSED!

It's Friday's Fashion Obsessions' Grammys edition! Find out which celeb styles made me do a double take this week.

Rihanna at the 2013 Grammys Awards

Rihanna

I know many people will disagree, but Rihanna's style is often hit or miss for me. Obviously, the music superstar always looks undeniably sexy (duh!), but ironically, her barely there frocks often come off as more turn off than turn on. So I guess you could say I was pretty excited when Rihanna turned up the heat at this week's Grammy Awards in a sexy yet chic red ensemble.
The flowy red Azzedine Alaia dress showed off Rihanna's amazing figure in all the right places with sheer overlay, yet also left much to the imagination. A bit more coverage in the breast area would have been wise — we don't want a nip slip, do we Ri-Ri? — but all in all, the look was a nice change for the singer. The color looked amazing and I'm more than a tad obsessed with her soft, flowy waves and bold red lip.
The final verdict? I'm hoping this look teaches Ri-Ri that you can look sexy while staying a bit more undercover. This look showed off a softer side of Rihanna, and I'm hoping we see more of this gal!
Beyonce at the 2013 Grammy Awards

Beyonce

After rocking the Super Bowl stage in major leather and lace style, Beyonce took to the Grammys red carpet in one of spring's hottest trends: black and white. The singer made a major fashion statement in this stunning Osman Studio jumpsuit and it's making me rethink my standard uniform of dresses and tights.
On a red carpet where sexy cutouts and glam gowns reigned, Beyonce really stood out in pants. I love the stark black and white contrast, the sleeves and her sleek ponytail! With such a high fashion look, Beyonce was smart to keep her accessories to a minimum and sported some super cute geometric cuffs and simple black pumps.
The final verdict? Beyonce continued her reign as one of music's style queens and brought her fierce A game, as always. I can't wait to see what she wears next!

No comments:

Post a Comment